November 23, 1921: "Roy A. Phillips, fire assistant on the Lolo forest, left for St. Regis where lookout towers are being built at Tamarack point and Little Joe. The former protects that territory between St. Regis and Quinn Springs; the latter overlooks the river between St. Regis and Henderson." (Great Falls Tribune)
August 22, 1927: "Little Joe Lookout reported that lightning had struck near the tower and much concern was felt for his safety when two hours he could not be reached by telephone." (The Independent Record)
July 28, 1932: “Mrs. Charles Nelson has returned from a several days visit with her husband at Little Joe lookout.” (The Mineral Independent)
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - LITTLE JOE LOT PID - SU1110 STATE/COUNTY- MT/MINERAL
COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - BOYD MOUNTAIN (1988)
DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953 LOCATED 5 MI. SW. OF ST. REGIS, ON TOP OF LITTLE JOE PEAK.